September 24, 2010

Turning a new leaf... in time for autumn

My IAA fellowship this semester has given me a unique opportunity to fully commit to my work in Uganda. As I make preparations for the projects in Uganda in November and the exhibition at the UNT Art Gallery in March 2011, I have been able to interact with interesting people, learn about important organizations, and continue to find connections that bark cloth has to people and places I would not have expected.

It has been interesting to look back on the last few months - what a unique journey this has been.

I thought that as I continue to plan, prepare, and learn, that I would open up my journey with you ( I will make up for the time lost). I want you to learn about the people, projects, and just plain interesting things that are going on in my world.

So I may reflect back, look forward, and post as I go...

No comments: