September 26, 2010

The Bark Cloth Players...

Before I launch into writing about my project, you should know who I am working with. I have been blessed to know and work with very talented and dedicated people whose commitment to art, education, and Uganda have inspired me.

Fred Mutebi is a talented artist and founder of Let Art Talk, an arts organization whose focus is to use art as an educational tool, empowering communities. He was a visiting artist at the University of North Texas in 2008 - creating a beautiful collaborative print, working with the local community on a Talking Mural project, and lecturing. He took our work back to Uganda, enabling what we started at UNT to reach a larger Ugandan community, including the Uganda National Museum. The attached photo shows our Talking Mural from the US.

Please visit his websites, www.fredmutebi.org and www.letarttalk.org and you will see why I am so excited to work with him.

In the next post, I will highlight another great team member!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited about all the new developments.